Sign in to follow this  
Antlason

non-mainstream vs mainstream

Guest DragonPick

I could never choose, both have an amazing and awful selection to listen to. It'd be really easy for me to just say "Non-mainstream is the best!" but I sincerely love a lot of the radio music that comes on, even if there is a bunch of garbage.

At the same time, there's a lot of crap to swim through in underground scenes as well. It's hella hard to decide. So... can I pick both? >_>

I could never choose, both have an amazing and awful selection to listen to. It'd be really easy for me to just say "Non-mainstream is the best!" but I sincerely love a lot of the radio music that comes on, even if there is a bunch of garbage.

At the same time, there's a lot of crap to swim through in underground scenes as well. It's hella hard to decide. So... can I pick both? >_>

Yes

Guest Napalm 88

Almost all of the music I listen to is underground, I consider mainstream to be stuff that makes the radio waves, is that safe to say?

Almost all of the music I listen to is underground, I consider mainstream to be stuff that makes the radio waves, is that safe to say?

Yeah that's pretty fair, the only exception would be certain rappers who aren't often heard on the radio given their content but are still known i guess. I prefer underground to be honest, but there are a few decent mainstream songs here and there.

My favourite artist is an underground rapper / hip hop artist (He does multiple genres) and i listen to a but of techno, hardstyle, drum and bass and all that which is also underground so if i had to pick one it would be underground yes.

Whatever makes your toes tap. It shouldn't matter if its mainstream or not. Sometimes music completely void of substance or meaning can be fun to listen to. I can't believe some of the music I listened to when I was younger. Some of it was absolute garbage by my music standards today. Young me would shit on some of the music I listen to now. These things change.

Mostly all of what i listen to is mainstream considered i think, but a lot of on-mainstream i have listened to i consider great. So really i would say I'm choosing both lol :)