Sign in to follow this  
TremorX2

Why are online players immediately dismissed?

Some of these hollywood players make me laugh. If you want to say anything and if you say you play online you're immediately ignored and you have no voice in the community. I don't think it's fair at all that we get hated on. This is despite the fact that most of the community is online. Anyone who isn't obsessed with playing at tournaments is looked down on.

Online is practice offline is for the money. Skill is not measured by your w/l record in ranked but by beating the best players around - that's why offline has so much credit. Online = ransoms and offline = sharks. Either way nothing wrong with being an online warrior, sadly that's the role I have to take for ki.

Because we don't "contribute". Which is a shitty way of thinking being that if someone is like me, we have no tournaments around to go to. And I'm a good player, would love going to a tournament but for now, like it has been for a long time, a tournament is out of the question but yes. Even good online players like myself even ones that actively contribute to the community by finding tech and the likes, get dismissed. Because we sit on the couch all day. That is how Hollywood tournament players think. If I had money to travel across the country for a video game I would but I don't.

Your all partially wrong. The actual reason is a two part answer.

Answer 1 (simplistic) at its basic roots the cause for lack of respect towards online players is in short because nrs has about as shit a community as possible. for its size and average age per person it's on parents with the call of duty and league of legends scenes. Both of which have a younger on average audience and far more people all together.

But most online warriors have done this to themselves. By worshipping player x y or z for their offline play in turn making those people feel they are better in all aspects of life than online players sad but true.

Part 2 is because nrs likes to have bad netcode wich allows players to exploit some things online that is easily or easier to blow up in a lag free setting (offline) or bear lag free setting (offline ps3 mk9 lol).

In all honesty the peoplease the OP speaks of are not even worth engaging in convorsation anyway.

Those dudes that travel to all the majors can't really possibly talk. Think about it, they obviously have no jobs and you can't possibly make a decent living by winning a tourny. The grand prize is basically a days pay for those with a decent job. Why they would look down upon someone is laughable. Most i'm willing to bet still live of their parents or get some type of general relief from their state. I'm willing to bank on it.

cause online sucks.

tbh you can learn something online, but its a whole different game offline. (timing wise and such)

we shouldnt be pushed off the way we are, but i do understand where the offline only (EXCEPT FOR ESL) players come from.

but tbh all nrs offline players just have big circle jerks over how op they made their characters after fucking testing the game. 

NRS community have proven to be a big pile of ego shit, mixed with a few good ones. it's the online warriors who think they know everything about everything, and talk massive trash behind their monitors/TV screens that give offline players the reason to talk their hollywood trash, and in return they make themselves look like dickheads.

An offline player could come in here and say: Why are online players such lying pieces of shit? why do they fake scores, talk trash, abuse online tactics and then think they are good?

Do you see where I'm going with this? you just need to find the few people who are actually nice, ONLINE and OFFLINE.

I've been playing offline fighting games a lot more against other people, and I could say it is a different game, but at the end of the game, I always throw out my ggs, and keep it moving, keeps the community clean and more "Trustworthy".