Revy

Xbox One at E3 (Backwards Compatibility, Elite Controller, Holographic Minecraft and more)

Backwards Compatibility

Xbox boss Phil Spencer just announced that the Xbox One is getting backwards compatibility with 360 games later this year, which is pretty damn cool.

You’ll be able to access your digital collection of 360 games on Xbox One, as well as put discs in and download games you already own. The service will be available to everyone this holiday season, Microsoft says.

Not all games will work with the service—Microsoft said around 100 will be available when it launches—but during the conference, they brought up Mass Effect as an example of an old 360 game you’ll be able to play on your current-gen console.

This is a huge move for Microsoft, especially compared to Sony’s lackluster (and pricey) PlayStation Now service, as they pointed out with a great zinger: “We won’t charge you to play the games you already own.”

Source: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-is-getting-backwards-compatibility-1711415443

Elite Controller

Screen_Shot_2015-06-15_at_12.56.43_PM.0.

Microsoft just announced what it's calling the Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller, described by Xbox boss Phil Spencer as "an elite controller for the elite gamer." It's basically the regular Xbox One gamepad turned up to 11, with features like trigger locks, paddles for precision in-game driving, remappable buttons, and completely swappable components. Users also have full customization of thumbstick sensitivity and minimum/max levels for the controller's top triggers. The Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller will be available this fall, but pricing hasn't yet been disclosed.

Much more than just a stereo headphone jack, Microsoft’s newly-revealed Xbox Elite Wireless Controller is a modular, remap-able and tweak-able work of engineering art. We knew there was a new Xbox One controller coming, but this is much more than was expected. Bits come off and move around. Steering wheel controller-style paddles in the back can be tweaked and respositioned. The thumbsticks are new. The d-pad is barely a d-pad anymore.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/15/8783211/microsoft-xbox-one-elite-wireless-controller-announced-e3-2015

Source: http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-elite-wireless-controller-is-the-good-kind-of-1711430135

Holographic Minecraft

1298515391511436177.gif

Minecraft is a game we’ve seen countless times before. And yet! The virtual reality demo showcased by Microsoft today makes the game almost seem brand new.

You can start a new world on any surface you’d like—as you can see in the GIF above. Magical.

Here’s the full demo. The amazing stuff starts at the 2:25 mark:

Some notable stuff:

• You can play Minecraft right on your wall, and then transfer it to another surface.
  • You can manipulate the world using your voice and your hands. And of course, you can walk around and change your viewpoint whenever you’d like.
  • You can zoom in, out, and around using your voice.
  • You can raise the world and see things that are normally not visible.
  • Whatever you look at? The game is aware of it. During the demo, the presenter looks at a TNT pack and tells the game to strike it with lightning. Amazing.

Source: http://kotaku.com/microsofts-holographic-minecraft-demo-is-stunning-1711435689

Halo 5

1298513486901384231.png

1298513487028131879.png

Microsoft kicked off today’s presser with some footage of Halo 5’s story, and it looks like a blast.

You’ll control two squads: one by Master Chief, and one by Locke, the Spartan that is hunting down the chief. Both will let you experience drop in/drop out 4-player co-op.

Here is a short gameplay clip that shows off Halo 5’s premise and dazzling visuals

Microsoft debuted footage of a new multiplayer mode, too: Warzone.

Right now, it’s not clear what warzone is about—the trailer describes it as “player versus everything,” and then cuts to a whole bunch of red versus blue action. Mechs, vehicles, guns are all visible, but beyond that, it’s hard to give specifics beyond “you’re gonna shoot stuff.”

Halo 5 drops on October 27th, 2015

Source: http://kotaku.com/an-extended-look-at-the-halo-5-campaign-1711415246

Rare Replay

Rare the company that brought everyone games like Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day and Jet Force Gemini is now releasing a compilation of 30 Rare games exclusively for Xbox One for the low price of $30 for Rare's 30th Anniversary. Now I don't have a complete list of the games that will be included but as far as I know is that it doesn't look like 007 GoldenEye will be in the list of games due to licensing issues since the James Bond licence belongs to Activision. Rare Replay is out August 4.

Source: I WROTE THIS!!!!!!

Fallout 4

1298457813771920452.png

Any mods created on the PC version of Fallout 4? Xbox One players will be able to play that too, Todd Howard announced during Microsoft’s E3 presser. Wow!

Howard didn’t share any specifics, but regardless of how the modding situation works, it does mean that console players will get a taste of just how bonkers Fallout can become when players are given control. The question is, will there be limits to what console players can download? Or will it be a wild west, like it typically is on PC?

No word on whether or not this will be available on PS4 as well.

Xbox One users get Fallout 3 free with Fallout 4. Suppose that’s one of the benefits of backwards compatibility. From the official press release: “All purchases of Fallout 4 on Xbox One will include a token for Fallout 3 through the first 90 days after Fallout 4’s release.”

Source: http://kotaku.com/fallout-4-on-xbox-one-will-have-mods-1711418973

Source: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-users-get-fallout-3-free-with-fallout-4-suppo-1711419775

Gear of War 4

1298512418953970836.jpg

We’ve known there was a new Gears of War coming for a while now, and it’s Gears 4. The game is coming “holiday” 2016.

On stage, Microsoft called it Gears 4, but in the official press release, it’s Gears of War 4.

The short demo featured two characters—one man, one woman—working their way through a destroyed mansion of sorts. It was dark, disgusting, and eventually an enormous storm broke out.As the two went for cover, they found...bad stuff. They shot it, as one does in Gears of War.

1298512419517431444.png

When it comes to weapons, they showed off the gnasher shotgun, lancer, and snub pistol. Of course, there’s still a chainsaw for you to rip things apart with.

Source:http: //kotaku.com/gears-4-announced-for-holiday-2016-1711436750

Rainbow Six: Siege

Rainbow Six: Siege is coming on October 13, 2015, Ubisoft announced today at Microsoft’s E3 press conference. It’ll include copies of Rainbow Six Vegas and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on Xbox One.

Source: http://kotaku.com/rainbow-six-siege-is-coming-on-october-13-2015-ubiso-1711425951

ION

Dean Hall, one of the minds behind DayZ, debuted a game called Ion during Microsoft’s E3 presser. It’ll come to Xbox One’s early access program.

From the YouTube description:

“ION” is an emergent narrative massively-multiplayer online game in which players will build, live in and inevitably die in huge floating galactic constructions as humanity makes its first steps colonizing the universe. Technology from Improbable allows ION to have a massive interconnected universe with fully simulated environments such as power grids, air pressure and heat; all to help stave off the unending vacuum of space. First on PC and Xbox One Game Preview Program.

Source: http://kotaku.com/dayz-creator-is-making-an-xbox-one-mmo-1711429635

I'm going to stop there for now because I'm hungry but expect more to be added.

So other than the same 2 game franchises what's new? I don't see anything worthy of boosting this systems hype. Gears and Halo have fallen off, no new ip's?

There's more games, I just haven't put them on yet.

Sorry Exotic, but SF is on another level. Killer Instinct does not compare.... So answer my question. How does it feel to not have the biggest fighting game? [emoji14]

Not having sf5 will suck. But we still have way better multilayer exclusives. (Lol ppl still use kill zone as an example and I giggle).

But people like me get both consoles and play what they wanna play anyway. All I know is Microsoft dumped on Sony at e3 but it's still not enough to dig them out of their launch hole they dug themselves.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What exclusives? Because the best game showcased at E3 was Uncharted 4.

All the multilayer fps games which one of take your pick halo of gears will outsell most of Sony exclusives launched that year COMBINED.

Plus the announcement of backward compatibility means Sony took a shot in the mouth at e3 it's all on the interwebz how they got bodied. But I'm sure they will respond.

Sf5 exclusive is a huge bummer but it's plain and clear as to WHY it's ps4 exclusive. Japanese pride is one of the only things on earth that can trump the almighty dollar

And tell me how Halo and Gears have been game wise in the recent past? mediocre at best. And tell me how Titanfall turned out for the Xbone :P

They haven't stopped counting the zeros on the checks buddy. Halo alone mops all ps4 exclusives both by popularity and revenue. But it don't matter if it's good or bad. I don't like the game but u can't argue about dollars.

Sf5 is the only one km upset about. But then again who remembers cross tekken? We still haven't played sf5 and you never know what your going to get until you have it

@ - This is an intense post, Exotic. Should have definitely made it frontpage news. This is my first time of catching up to E3 news. Thanks man! 

I still have to finish it because there's a lot of new XBL exclusives that they were talking about at E3 like ReCore. You're welcome.

Wheres the sony thread ?? dont start a console war up in here. :keepo:

The easiest way to explain why I didn't make a Sony thread is simple, I only have Xbox systems meaning I am not going to spend time making a big ass thread on a console that I don't even have and don't care about.

I know that this sounds selfish and ignorant but making a thread like this is very time consuming and I'm far from finished this thread.

If someone who owns a Playstation 4 wants to make a Sony E3 thread go for it, no one is going to stop you.