Sign in to follow this  
MaceWind

What Have You Been Up To?

It's been awhile since many of us have reconnected. What has everyone been up to? New families? New work? New living arrangements? New Interests? 

Personally, I am back in the kitchen. I've been sharpening my skills and going "public". Public for now just means feeding lots of friends and family. I have a 5 year goal to own a restaurant. In the mean time here are some pics of food I've recently created. 

Cacio e Pepe

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Pork Tenderloin w/ Raspberry Gastrique & Elote

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Filet Mignon w/ Steamed Veggies and Bernaise Sauce

IMG_5675.JPG

Pickle Brined Fried Chicken & Utica Greens

IMG_5742.JPG

Steak Diane w/ Fondant Potatoes

IMG_5795.JPG

Pork Tenderloin w/ Brussel Sprouts w/ Grand Marnier -Navel Orange Sauce

FullSizeRender.jpg

Jesus @MaceWind those dishes look good. Driving right now I’ll post more in about half hour 

I’m home. 

They all look great, you got me with that fillet mignon, glass of Merlot and a good side dish, what would go great with it? I’d say or I’d order potatoes with it 

Great presentation in all of them I’d definitely eat them all lol

good luck on your goals bro, hard work pays off 

It’s been a while, I changed a little bit since the early days of MKU. I moved to California almost 5 years ago and even tho we all lost contact I always wondered what the MK community was doing 

I kept in touch with Trax, we used to talk once every 6 months or so lol. I still have part of the old crew on social media some already rejoined the site and a few still need to come back, I won’t tag because I always forget some haha 

It’s great to see the old usernames and of course I’m here for the new generation as well, hopefully we all have fun with this new game 

I went to Norway for 3 years for work and came back to LA about a little bit over a year ago. Since then I have been working behind the scenes with some local activist on a project called how Government Makes You Less Safe.  As far as the whole gaming thing I do still play some MKX.  

Well since October I was basically dying due to having a bicuspid valve leak for my entire life which caused an enlarged heart & chronic heart failure. I was in the hospital for 7 weeks and had surgery January 3th which took 7 hours. I've been in & out of hospitals ever since. I've been waiting for the results of my echocardiogram now to see if my heart has been improving as at one point only 10% of my heart was working. I'm still healing as I feel a lot of pain still but I take 12 Tylenol a day sometimes with 2 Tramadol on top of the other 10 pills I take daily, I might be down now since I'm off the Warfarin now which is also used as rat poison. The best things about being in the hospital for 7 weeks was that most of the nurses were close to my age, hot as fuck and were close to my age, SkipTheDishes since the hospital would often starve me so I would order the best homemade spaghetti from a local Halifax pizzeria & Oreo McFlurries when I was depressed or when my medication would make me sweat, my parents would drop me off care-packages with homecooked meals & shit like my laptop and lastly the Dilaudid which made me get really high when they would give them in the day rather than the night. A few times I was so high on Dilaudid that all I did was blast Black Sabbath & NiN.

I have 5 doctors appointments coming up & an MRI...

3 hours ago, C88 Revy said:

Well since October I was basically dying due to having a bicuspid valve leak for my entire life which caused an enlarged heart & chronic heart failure. I was in the hospital for 7 weeks and had surgery January 3th which took 7 hours. I've been in & out of hospitals ever since. I've been waiting for the results of my echocardiogram now to see if my heart has been improving as at one point only 10% of my heart was working. I'm still healing as I feel a lot of pain still but I take 12 Tylenol a day sometimes with 2 Tramadol on top of the other 10 pills I take daily, I might be down now since I'm off the Warfarin now which is also used as rat poison. The best things about being in the hospital for 7 weeks was that most of the nurses were close to my age, hot as fuck and were close to my age, SkipTheDishes since the hospital would often starve me so I would order the best homemade spaghetti from a local Halifax pizzeria & Oreo McFlurries when I was depressed or when my medication would make me sweat, my parents would drop me off care-packages with homecooked meals & shit like my laptop and lastly the Dilaudid which made me get really high when they would give them in the day rather than the night. A few times I was so high on Dilaudid that all I did was blast Black Sabbath & NiN.

I have 5 doctors appointments coming up & an MRI...

Dude, this is harsh. Hope everything goes well. Your focus becomes your reality. Stay positive. 

I've stayed away from the FGC since the end of MK9. I played some Injustice casually, and didn't care much for MKX or Injustice 2. In my personal life I ended up just living that working/family man's life, but in my free time I've grown my retro gaming collection quite a bit, and have restored a number of arcade machines. My two favorites are my UMK3 and SF3: 3rd Strike cabinets. I ended up with a crazy knee injury a couple of years ago that required a lot of down-time and surgery. I'll probably play MK11 casually, as my life doesn't really permit that I give it the time to develop into a high-level contender, but we'll see. I'm apt to pick up one of the lowest-tier fighters and use that fighter to it's fullest in my usual fashion to troll people.

5 minutes ago, MaceWind said:

Dude, this is harsh. Hope everything goes well. Your focus becomes your reality. Stay positive. 

It's still pretty brutal and it's going to be for the new few months since coughing still hurts a lot, even bumps in the road hurt but I keep getting better and better though.

Good to fucking see you guys!

Except Koma.  Fuck that guy 😂

Jk ❤️ you man.

Been a pretty weird last few years.  Got divorced.   Finally admitted im bi to friends and fam.  Damn near ruined my life over a married 23 year old dyke.  Picked up a nasty drug habit but about got it kicked.  

Chilled out a lot.  Not so much of a troll anymore ;_;. Still build the occasional stick.  Planning on opening a legit custom shop next year for restorations, sticks/cabinets, and cosplay props.  Cant fucking wait.  Super fucking glad mku is back.

We’ve all grown and gone thru so much ;-;  Don’t worry guys I made my life seem like it’s perfect but it took a lot of wrong doing and heartbreak to get to where I am now. I am not perfect as you guys may know 😏 And even tho I have done so well in schooling and my career choices my living situations and relationships have not been the best. It’s only just beginning to look up. So cheer up, you sad bitches. The lights have to dim before the movie starts. 

:Komatose: