Sign in to follow this  
CRKFIEND

What System Are You Getting MK11 For?

What System Are You Getting MK11 For?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What System Are You Getting MK11 For?

• Sony PS4
    • Nintendo Switch
    • Microsoft XBOX One
    • PC

MK11 is dropping this month, what system(s) do you plan on buying it for? I'm planning on Switch actually, but I could be swayed to a different platform if the community feels strongly about a different version.

I'm getting it on Xbox One first since I bought the Premium Edition then when the PlayStation 4 complete version goes down to $25 I'm going to buy it just like I did for MKX.

I've always been a PlayStation loyalist. I bought the Xbox360 to play MK9 when Sony's servers got hacked. Never bought or played another game on it. Hated the controller. 

I've been an xbox guy I preordered it for the xbox but thinking on getting another console, the biggest problem is that I find the PS controller way too small lol

very interested on the Nintendo Switch too because it's portable 

6 minutes ago, Gerchap said:

I've been an xbox guy I preordered it for the xbox but thinking on getting another console, the biggest problem is that I find the PS controller way too small lol

they have xbox like controllers for ps4, also you could get a converter.

1 minute ago, KoolJulios14 said:

they have xbox like controllers for ps4, also you could get a converter.

Xbox controllers for PS4??? that would do it.  Im also wondering if some of you guys play MK using the stick I have 2 from MK9 but never use them, now I have to buy a converter because those are for xbox 360 and PS3 

9 minutes ago, Gerchap said:

Xbox controllers for PS4??? that would do it.  Im also wondering if some of you guys play MK using the stick I have 2 from MK9 but never use them, now I have to buy a converter because those are for xbox 360 and PS3 

Yeah https://www.amazon.com/Onyx-Bluetooth-Controller-Sony-PlayStation-4/dp/B0787BPRN4/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=ps4+xbox+controller&qid=1554391267&s=videogames&sr=1-4   But id reccommend a converter just in case

19 minutes ago, Gerchap said:

That's why I'm semi-interested in MK for Switch, but the controllers are pretty trashy.

Just now, CRKFIEND said:

That's why I'm semi-interested in MK for Switch, but the controllers are pretty trashy.

Thats my only concern but I'll check it out next time I'm at the mall 

40 minutes ago, KoolJulios14 said:

Since my gaming Laptop is coming tomorrow i'm getting it for both pc and ps4, I bought the premium edition : )

Shit, I didn't know it was coming to PC. I'll update the answers.

I've had a Nintendo Switch for over a year but due to lack of interest in existing games released on the console, I have used it for no more than 5 hours of playtime. Consequently, late last year I decided that I was better off selling the damn thing. BUT then the impossible happened - MK11 was announced for Nintendo Switch. I think I lost my mind for the first five minutes after that news while prowling through every NRS new sites to make sure they hadn't made a mistake with the announcement because Ed Boon got high on some shit. Needless to say, that news is now a hard-coded fact for the imminent release - MK11 is indeed coming to Nintendo Switch on April 23rd!

This is literally going to breathe life into a switch that had been somewhat redundant for me since release. But now I plan on getting MK11 on Switch before my XBOX for one key reason which is Mobility. I will be able to travel with the Switch without ever missing out. But the likely downside here is whether the MK community will embrace this console. I really do so!

Also, there's also the option of perhaps getting it for MS Windows with hope that I would be able to cross-play XBOX players online. If that is possible, then I probably won't be buying a copy for the XBOX. Again, mobility is key here and with cross-play, I won't have to worry about finding matches online.

EDIT: Merged thread.

3 hours ago, DarkTrax said:

I've had a Nintendo Switch for over a year but due to lack of interest in existing games released on the console, I have used it for no more than 5 hours of playtime. Consequently, late last year I decided that I was better off selling the damn thing. BUT then the impossible happened - MK11 was announced for Nintendo Switch. I think I lost my mind for the first five minutes after that news while prowling through every NRS new sites to make sure they hadn't made a mistake with the announcement because Ed Boon got high on some shit. Needless to say, that news is now a hard-coded fact for the imminent release - MK11 is indeed coming to Nintendo Switch on April 23rd!

This is literally going to breathe life into a switch that had been somewhat redundant for me since release. But now I plan on getting MK11 on Switch before my XBOX for one key reason which is Mobility. I will be able to travel with the Switch without ever missing out. But the likely downside here is whether the MK community will embrace this console. I really do so!

Also, there's also the option of perhaps getting it for MS Windows with hope that I would be able to cross-play XBOX players online. If that is possible, then I probably won't be buying a copy for the XBOX. Again, mobility is key here and with cross-play, I won't have to worry about finding matches online.

In close, feel free to register on the poll which console will be your prime platform for MK11.

Switch version is going to be very popular just for that reason as the opportunity to practice anywhere anytime for high level players is hard to pass up. A lot of players in the FGC already have a Switch to play Smash plus that community jumping into "the mix" as well so there will always be high level players to play. The only issue I see is getting used to the Switch pads, I'd recommend getting a Brook converter so you can use your Xbox 360 or Xbox One pad on the Switch so when you eventually get it on Xbox you shouldn't have any issues.