Sign in to follow this  
MaceWind

How D’Vorah Has Changed In Mortal Kombat 11

Although Mortal Kombat 11 brings back a number of iconic characters, it doesn’t leave them untouched. While new characters like Cetrion can bring something entirely new to the table, one of the most exciting things about fighting game sequels is seeing how older characters have changed.

D'Vorah is one of many characters introduced in Mortal Kombat X who has made the return trip to Mortal Kombat 11. Her mix of bugs, claws, and tricks gave her a number of interesting tools to work with, which made her satisfying to learn. After speaking with senior NetherRealm QA analyst Steve Brownback about how she's evolved for the latest entry, it looks like she's become trickier, thanks to the game's custom variations system.

Like many characters in Mortal Kombat 11, D’Vorah's default moveset should feel familiar to those who played her in Mortal Kombat X; Her Ovipositor Rush and Bug Blast attacks are still at her side. She does get a few upgrades this time around, though. “Her ovipositors are always out this time, whereas in Mortal Kombat X they only came out for moves,” Brownback says. “So she uses them more than ever.”

But once you start diving into her variations, things quickly start to go off the rails. “[She has] moves that weren't even close to Mortal Kombat X moves," Brownback states. After getting the rundown on her, I’m inclined to believe him.

...read the rest at gameInformer

1 hour ago, CRKFIEND said:

I liked that her ovipositors retracted. It gave her a deceptively human look when she was going about her business during gameplay, and the story... Oh well, I hope she plays well.

:laugh:

D'Vorah? Not a fan of that character. She seems rather convoluted to me gameplay-wise. I'd rather have MK reinstate someone like Sheeva. But then again, I'm somewhat biased because I never got going with MKX. Nightwolf is another victim of the new characters that I would have loved to see in MK11. Mileena has to come as DLC too. SHE is MK!

9 minutes ago, DarkTrax said:

D'Vorah? Not a fan of that character. She seems rather convoluted to me gameplay-wise. I'd rather have MK reinstate someone like Sheeva. But then again, I'm somewhat biased because I never got going with MKX. Nightwolf is another victim of the new characters that I would have loved to see in MK11. Mileena has to come as DLC too. SHE is MK!

But does she have ovipositors? I think not!